LONGMEADOW PUBLIC SCHOOLS | 535 BLISS ROAD | LONGMEADOW, MA 01106 | P 413-565-4200 | F 413-565-4215
The Longmeadow Public School district offers numerous opportunities for adult learning. These options allow access to both external experts in the field of education and internal expertise from our Longmeadow educators.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH COURSES (PGC)
The Professional Growth Courses (PGC) Handbook, published annually, lists professional development courses offered by Longmeadow educators. These courses align with the goals inherent in the district Strategic Plan and address topics such as instructional technology, intervention strategies, and special education.
LICENSURE INFORMATION & FORMS
The primary mechanism for professional learning at the elementary level in Longmeadow is instructional coaching in our schools and classrooms. Instructional coaching provides personalized professional development for every educator and is tailored to meet each individual's unique needs, interests, and experience. Instructional coaches can provide the following types of professional support:
- Co-planning units of study, mini lessons, and other instructional components
- Modeling mini lessons, small-group instruction, conferring, and interventions
- Co-teaching mini lessons, guided reading groups, strategy groups, or conferring sessions
- Designing instructional tools such as independent reading bags, Readers' Notebooks, Writers' Notebooks, and centers
- Observing and debriefing about instructional practices
- Designing, administering, and/or analyzing assessment tools such as AIMSweb, BAS, open response writing, and conferring templates
Contact an instructional coach to find out how she can support your Tier I, Tier II, or Tier III instruction and intervention.
Charlene Griffin, Literacy Coach
Lynn Adzima, Literacy Coach
Sasha Aldridge, Mathematics Coach